Chicago's Inaugural Gun Violence Prevention Expo
This November 11, 2023, at the Dorin Forum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Strides for Peace will host Chicago’s first-ever Gun Violence Prevention Expo.
This event is for the outreach and prevention specialists, law enforcement, parents, and fellow Chicagoans who are constantly in the act of doing. We are calling all of the doers. We want to curate a space where they can take a step back and take the time to think, learn, and connect.
The goal of the Expo is to serve as a vehicle that harnesses the collective impact of community organizations and service providers to bridge gaps that exist in accessibility and implementation.
What Qualifies as a Service Provider?
Provide services in the following categories: Sports, Education for Youth and Young Adults, Mental Health, Health Care, Employment/Jobs, Creative Spaces/Arts, Financial, Quality of Life* (food security, housing, childcare), Organizational Resources (Accountants, Legal).
- Provide access to programs, opportunities, and or resources
- Have the ability to offer onsite registration
- Have accessible information
- Capacity for consistent services (min. 3- 5 years)
- Booth sponsorship is available for smaller service provider organizations
** Community organizations have free entry**