Strides for Peace Run/Walk 2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Soldier Field, Chicago
Strides for Peace deploys strategic capital amongst a variety of local agencies and programs that strive for the common goal of reducing gun violence in the City of Chicago.
- Strides for Peace: 8K run, 5K run, or 2 mile walk
- Gender-specific tech running t-shirt
- Start and finish line located near Soldier Field
- Beautiful course along Chicago’s lakefront
- Out and back along the fast, flat lakefront path
- 8K and 5K courses are USATF certified and sanctioned
- B-tag timed
- Awards for top finishers
- Tots for Peace Sprint for kids, ages 2-12
- Post-race party with complimentary food and sponsor giveaways
8K and 5K Runs or 2 Mile Walk
USATF Certified 8K & 5K
Tots for Peace Sprint
For kids: 50 yards, 1/4 mile, or 1/2 mile
Thursday, October 6, 2016
- Tots for Peace Sprint: 6:45 pm
- 8K Run: 7:00 pm
- 5K Run: 7:15 pm
- 2 Mile Walk: 7:15 pm
- Post-Race Party immediately following
- All activities, including gear check, packet pickup, and race day registration, will be near the southeast corner of Soldier Field.
- The 5k and 8k start and finish lines are on the lakefront path just south of Waldron Drive.
- 1610 South Museum Campus Drive, Chicago 60605
Parking and Transportation
Parking: The closest parking will be available for $20 at Waldron Parking Deck at the south end of Soldier Field, 1610 S Museum Campus Drive. The Waldron Deck is accessible from Lakeshore Drive: Exit at 18th Street and head east. The garage will be on the left.
Public transportation: CTA trains and buses are strongly encouraged.
Bikes: A bike check will be available. Divvy stations are located on the north end of Soldier Field and south at Burnham Harbor.
- $35 per person for 8K, 5K, or 2 mile walk
- Register individually or as a team
- Fundraise and support Strides for Peace through the registration website
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, October 5 at 12:00 PM, noon
- Our registration vendor, Active, offers their own newsletters and magazine subscriptions on our event registration form. There is no obligation to subscribe to either, and Strides for Peace does not benefit from your subscription. We recommend you uncheck these boxes and apologize for the inconvenience.
For Kids: Tots for Peace Sprint
For youngsters, ages 2-12 years old, we offer the opportunity to “run like the wind” on our loop course around Soldier Field with the start and finish in the heart of the festivities. The race will be staged in the following age group heats:
- 2-4 years – 50 yards
- 5-6 years – 1/4 mile
- 7-12 years – 1/2 mile
Start time is 6:45 pm
Registration is $12 per child for the Tots for Peace Sprint and includes a technical race t-shirt for all participants (no refunds).
Participants may pick up packets for others and their entire teams. If you are planning on picking up for your team, please have everyone’s name. If you planning on picking up for a group of people, please email ahead and let us know the names of the participants and the time you will be arriving so we can get things ready in advance.
Fleet Feet Sports will be offering special discounts during packet pickup for runners. Details to come!
Race Day, at Soldier Field
Please arrive early to give yourself plenty of time
Start and finish lines are in the southeast corner of Soldier Field, on the Lakefront Trail at Waldron Drive. Out and back. An aid station will be located near 31st Street. This is not a closed course.