Strides for Peace Run/Walk 2015
8K, 5K, or 2 Miles
USATF Certified 8K & 5K
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Soldier Field, Chicago
Online registration closes on Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00 PM, noon.
If you’d like to register on race day, on-site registration will be available starting at 5:00 pm. Please arrive early to give yourself plenty of time.
- Take your pick: 8K run, 5K run, or 2 mile walk
- Gender-specific tech running t-shirt
- Start and finish line located near Soldier Field
- Beautiful course along Chicago’s lakefront
- Out and back along the fast, flat lakefront path
- 8K and 5K courses are USAFT certified and sanctioned
- B-tag timed
- Awards for top finishers
- Post-race party with free food and sponsor giveaways
Thursday, October 8, 2015
- 8K Run: 7:00 pm
- 5K Run: 7:15 pm
- 2 Mile Walk: 7:15 pm
- Post-Race Party
- All activities, including gear check, packet pickup, and race day registration, will be near the southeast corner of Soldier Field.
- The 5k and 8k start and finish lines are on the lakefront path just south of Waldron Drive.
- 1610 South Museum Campus Drive, Chicago 60605
Parking and Transportation
Parking: The closest parking will be available for $20 at the Waldron Parking Deck at the south end of Soldier Field, 1610 S Museum Campus Drive. The Waldron Deck is accessible from Lakeshore Drive: Exit at 18th Street and head east. The garage will be on the left.
Public transportation: CTA trains and buses are strongly encouraged.
Bikes: A bike check will be available. Divvy stations are located on the north end of Soldier Field and south at Burnham Harbor.
- Register now
- $35 per person
- Register individually or as a team
- Fundraise and support Strides for Peace through the registration website
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00 PM, noon
Participants may pick up packets for others and their entire teams. If you are planning on picking up for your team, please have everyone’s name. If you planning on picking up for a group of people, please email ahead and let us know the names of the participants and the time you will be arriving so we can get things ready in advance.
Wednesday, October 7
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Race Day, at Soldier Field
Please arrive early to give yourself plenty of time
Sign up for occasional emails about the race and Strides for Peace (no spam, ever):
Start and finish lines are in the southeast corner of Soldier Field, on the Lakefront Trail at Waldron Drive. Out and back. An aid station will be located near 31st Street. This is not a closed course.