Strides for Peace is excited to announce we will be partnering with Ram Racing Productions for our 2018 race which will take place in Grant Park on Thursday, June 7th! Stay tuned for more details and early registration coming soon!
2018 Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available! Please email Mary Stonor Saunders, Executive Director, at Mary@StridesforPeace.com for more information.
Thank you for being part of a fun and impactful evening at our 4th Annual Race Against Gun Violence — our most successful race ever! With a beautiful new course, a picture perfect weather, we couldn’t have asked for a better evening.
What a memorable way to come together, take a stand against gun violence and celebrate and support the amazing work being done every day in throughout Chicago. With more the 25 participating community participating, businesses and families from throughout the Chicagoland area, civic organizations and youth, we are building a safer, better Chicago together.
TENATIVE DATE for 2018 is Thursday, June 7th. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our race continues to grow on every level. This year’s new Grant Park location and June 1st date was such a success, we have decided to stick with it for future races.
Here are some highlights of what we – together with our Community and Civic Partners, Affiliates and Sponsors accomplished:
- 60% increase in race registrations
- 300% increase in participating community organizations, representing a broad range of strategies and services, demographics and Chicago neighborhoods.
- 100% of funds raised distributed back to participating community organizations
- New civic partnerships including: Mayor’s Office, State’s Attorney, Cook County Sherriff, University of Chicago/School of Social Service Administration, Healthy Chicago, the Emerson Collective, Department of Children and Family Services and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce.
- New sponsors including Ariel Investments, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, University of Chicago’s Center for Youth Violence Prevention, Season’s Hospice and Palliative Care.
- New program features including live performances and an art installation
- Recognition from the Chicago City Council through the passing of a Resolution in support of Strides for Peace’s Race Against Gun Violence.